Thursday, September 20, 2012

about us




My name is Tracy.  I have been with my husband James for 10 years.  Together we have 2 children.  Two completely different children.  Boyd is 8.  He is my boy of many letters.  We have ASD (autism spectrum disorder- aspergers specifically), ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) ODD (oppositional defiance disorder),  GAD (generalized anxiety disorder), depression (who wouldn't be depressed with all this going on?) and anger. 

We also have a little guy named Reilly.  He is one month from turning the big 2.  He was born 8 weeks early and had to spend some time in the NICU before coming home but he is a thriving, sweet little boy now.  He loves his brother to the ends of the earth.

Our life is crazy right now.  Boyd has been in crisis for the past 5 months. We have been desperately seeking answers and help.  I have been keeping a journal for the past few months documenting our days, the good, the bad and the heartbreaking.  Maybe if I do it in a public forum, someone who needs to know that they are not alone in the fight to help their kids function, will find it.  If nothing else, maybe it will help people who know us, understand us better. 

I will be completely honest about what goes on and my feelings.  Please don't judge, I get enough of that from the ladies at school giving me the side-eye when I drag Boyd into school kicking and screaming every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment