Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Birthday, Tracy! My son did what?!?

August 31st... my 36th birthday.  We dropped Boyd off at school and my sweet, wonderful husband took me out to breakfast.  Halfway through my yummy omelet, my phone rang...  my stomach dropped when I saw it was the school.  What now?  It was the principal.  My son caused a school lock down.  They are concerned (who isn't at this point?).  He took off while being walked to class.  They have to lock down the school when this happens and do a head count until they find the missing child.  He went to class, but nobody knew, so they locked down.  After being talked to about the danger of taking off from an adult and him not caring, in fact he thought it was funny, they came up with a 3 step policy for him to get to school.  They were

1. Go into the cafeteria
2. Wait for the bell
3. Go to class

sounds easy, right?  Yeah, sure.  It lasted all of no days.  It's getting to a point that he is enjoying the attention.

He is getting more and more aggressive.  Why can't this just be easy once... just once.  I watch the parents just drive to the front of the school, their kids get out and just go on in.  Some turn around and wave with a smile on their face.  I am envious.

The next week I got another phone call about his attitude in music class.  He told the music teacher that the songs they were practicing for their fall program were stupid and for babies and he was NOT going to sing.  He wasn't following rules.  The teacher asked if I minded if he just sits out the program if she can't get him to participate.  At this point, I don't know what to say.  It's not fair for him to interrupt the other kids who actually want to sing for the program, so I say fine. 

I wish people would stop looking to me for answers.  If I had any, we wouldn't be in this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment